Exploring OTC Trade for PNT

Exploring OTC Trade for PNT

Hello pNetwork Community,

Following up on the topic discussed in our last Community Call, we are opening a discussion to explore an OTC (Over-The-Counter) trading opportunity for PNT.

Proposal:

The pNetwork DAO proposes to issue PNT which will be acquired OTC by one or more “White Knights”. These individuals or entities are willing to support the project with a long term investment to assist in the development of the project during this critical financial period.

PNT tokens will be purchased in USDT by the White Knights, with a lock-in period where the purchased PNT will be locked in the DAO for 6 months.

• Benefits for White Knights:
    • Becoming Node Operators and get protocol rewards: Locked PNT can be used to operate one or more pNetwork nodes, earning protocol rewards in several currencies.
    • Governance Power: The locked PNT provides governance power within the DAO.
    • Favourable investment terms: opportunity to buy PNT at a fixed price without dealing with slippage and liquidity issues.
      There is a chance to make a significant profit as the project recovers from its current financial burdens.
  • Benefits for both parties:
    • Immediate financial support for the pNetwork: Provides critical funding for project development and innovation, enabling the project to thrive with its new roadmap and potentially increasing the price of PNT.
    • Increased network security and governance: Locked PNT used to power nodes increases pNetwork security and decentralisation; also the involvement of long term investors in governance brings a better and long term vision to decision making.
    • Support the project without impacting the market: investors directly support the project without impacting the market by selling PNT during this period when the PNT price is very low.
    • Support for Proofcast (ex Multiproof Labs) Spinoff: Financing supports the new spinoff “Proofcast,” which could lead to better outcomes and a redistribution of wealth to early supporters in case of the launch of its token, if Proofcast gains success and traction in the market.

We invite all community members to share their thoughts, questions, and feedback on this proposal.

Investors who want to become White Knights can reach out to us here, on Telegram, or in private.

Looking forward to a fruitful discussion!

White Knights价格多少? Pnt总量增发了还是原有固定不变

Hello @Lee , welcome to the forum! Please write in English so that everyone can understand and there are no misunderstandings.

Your question translated: How much does WhiteKnights cost? Is the Pnt amount increased or fixed?

If I understand your question correctly, White Knights can invest as much as they want.
The maximum will be around $15,000 in the first month. There is no minimum.
And the number of PNT purchased is fixed, based on a fixed price that will be defined (an option can be the average price of the last 30 days).

Let me know if I was clear enough or not.

How much it cost monthly to operate a node ? Was it like 200$ fee ? So if we run 400 000PNT node and we recieve 200$ reward and have to pay 200$ fee …Please share your calculations .

Q. How much it cost monthly to operate a node?
A. It depends on the region you choose to host it and the related amazon costs. I’d say that running infra cost start from 110$/month, as of today

Q. (Uncertain, my understanding) Is it worth to run a node?
A. I’d say that you need to put your reasoning on a longer timeframe than a month and clearly an answer without variables doesn’t exist; there are 34M of TVL in the bridges, you can reason about the unpeg fees for such volume and divide by all registered nodes (which is a moving number); you can look at the volume trends, which are anyway very unstable; in any case, given the current entry price and betting on the mid term, IMO it’s quite an interesting investment

1 Like

Hi @CandyCzar and @gmork ,

I agree with @gmork , and you can see past node distribution here: Grafana

Take a look at Epoch 50, so far it’s an outlier, but it shows a promising trend! :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Even if pNetwork v4 doesn’t have a direct impact on volume, its features allow token holders (such as Telos Foundation, ENF, Libre, EFX, etc.) to have more flexibility and security layers as they wish, making the protocol more attractive to them and their users, which is likely to attract more users, volume and thus protocol fees for the nodes.

Hey hey!

During the last Community Call we focused on the White Knight OTC opportunity!

Below are a few screenshots on the topic.

Here is the link to the full pitch deck: pNetwork Unchained - 3rd CC

Feel free to comment!

1 Like

I am excited to say that the first individuals have expressed interest in becoming White Knights! Thank you for stepping in and supporting the pNetwork project!

As we move forward with this initiative, we want to keep the process straightforward to ensure efficiency and simplicity.

The community, and especially DAO members, need to acknowledge that the DAO should commit to allocating PNT tokens to the White Knights proportionate to their contributions deposited in the DAO Treasury Address.

Here is the process for becoming a White Knight:

1. Contact for whitelisting: Interested individuals should first contact me, @MatteoCarbone, on Telegram to have their addresses whitelisted.

2. Fund transfer: White Knights should send the amount they are willing to invest in USDT, USDC or ETH to the DAO Treasury (0xDd92eb1478D3189707aB7F4a5aCE3a615cdD0476).

3. DAO vote: The DAO will approve the allocation of ethPNT to the whitelisted addresses via a vote.

4. PNT conversion: The White Knights have now received the ethPNT, and they can be converted to PNT in the official pNetwork dApp, at this link.

5. Locking period: The White Knight will then go to the pNetwork DAO and lock their PNT for 6 months, getting governance power and the opportunity to benefit from the protocol rewards for the period the tokens are staked. At the end of the period, the tokens can be unstaked and freely traded.

I created a quick step-by-step guide for the Migration and Staking phases.. Have a look!

Benefits of the White Knight Initiative:

For White Knights:

• Getting protocol rewards: Locked PNT can be used to operate one or more pNetwork nodes, earning protocol rewards in multiple currencies.
  • Governance power: The staked PNT provides governance power within the DAO.
  • Favourable investment terms: Opportunity to buy PNT at a fixed price without dealing with slippage and liquidity issues.
  • Potential for significant profit: There is a chance to make a significant profit as the project recovers, and also the opportunity the receive an allocation of Proofcast if successful.

For both parties:

• Immediate financial support for pNetwork: Provides critical funding for project development and innovation, enabling the project to thrive with its new roadmap and potentially increasing the price of PNT.
  • Support Without Market Impact: Investors directly support the project without impacting the market by selling PNT during this period when the PNT price is very low.
  • Support for Proofcast Spinoff: Financing supports the new spinoff “Proofcast,” which could lead to better outcomes and a redistribution of wealth to early supporters in case of the launch of its token, if Proofcast gains success and traction in the market.

For an example, refer to the image in the previous post in this forum thread.

We invite the community, and especially DAO members, to share their concerns or questions regarding this initiative, as the DAO vote to allocate the PNT requires their collaboration.

Thank you for your support and involvement.
I invite other would-be White Knights to reach out and participate in this initiative.

Hello everyone! I update the last message with little correction and more importantly a step-by-step guide for the Migration and Staking.